| Home | E-Submission | Sitemap | Contact Us |  
top_img
J Korean Soc Emerg Med > Volume 32(1); 2021 > Article
Journal of The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine 2021;32(1): 89-101.
응급의료센터로 내원하는 전입 환자 중 재전원 되는 환자의 특성 분석
한갑수1 , 정진우2 , 강형구3 , 김원영4 , 김수진1 , 이성우1
1고려대학교 의과대학 응급의학교실
2동아대학교 의과대학 응급의학교실
3한양대학교 의과대학 응급의학교실
4울산대학교 의과대학 서울아산병원 응급의학과
Characteristics analysis of patients being re-transferred among patients who transferred to emergency medical center
Kap Su Han1 , Jinwoo Jeong2 , Hyunggoo Kang3 , Won Young Kim4 , Su Jin Kim1 , Sung Woo Lee1
1Department of Emergency Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
2Department of Emergency Medicine, Dong-A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
3Department of Emergency Medicine, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
4Department of Emergency Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Correspondence  Sung Woo Lee ,Tel: 02-920-5408, Fax: 02-920-5407, Email: kuedlee@korea.ac.kr,
Received: July 31, 2020; Revised: October 15, 2020   Accepted: October 20, 2020.  Published online: February 26, 2021.
ABSTRACT
Objective:
This study investigates the characteristics of patients who were re-transferred from other hospitals to regional or local emergency medical centers.
Method:
Data from 2016 to 2017 was obtained from the National Emergency Department Information System (NEDIS). The study population was classified as ‘transferred group’ and ‘direct visit group.’ The transferred group was further subdivided into the ‘re-transfer group’ (patients transferred out to another hospital) and ‘single transfer group’ (patients not transferred out). Multiple logistic regression analysis was performed to identify factors associated with re-transfer.
Results:
The re-transfer rate (3.7%) of the ‘transferred group’ was higher than the transfer rate (1.3%) of the ‘direct visit group’. Multiple regression analysis revealed that older age, male (adjusted odds ratio [aOR], 1.082; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.606-1.105), medical aid (aOR, 1.231; 95% CI, 1.191-1.105), injury origin (aOR, 1.063; 95% CI, 1.006-1.122), and Korean Triage and Acuity Scale level 1 or 2 (aOR, 1.214; 95% CI, 1.182-1.247), are associated with re-transfer. The Korean Standard Classification of Diseases group having the highest re-transfer rate was determined to be the neoplasm disease group.
Conclusion:
Data from the current study reveals that factors associated with an increased likelihood of re-transfer were high severity, old age, medical aid, and neoplasm diagnosis. Considering these characteristics of re-transferred patients, it is necessary to improve the transfer system to reduce re-transfers. However, further research is required, including the reasons for the transfer.
Key words: Patient transfer; Characteristic; Diagnosis
Editorial Office
The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine
101-3104, Brownstone Seoul, 464 Cheongpa-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul 04510, Korea
TEL: +82-63-250-2724   FAX: +82-63-250-1075   E-mail: playjhs@naver.com
About |  Browse Articles |  Current Issue |  For Authors and Reviewers
Copyright © The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine.                 Developed in M2PI